Our IoT devices facilitate actionable insights and advanced analytics to help organisations predict equipment failure.
Traditionally, organisations have followed a preventative maintenance approach to maintaining their assets. Whilst this goes someway to reducing the risks of failure, it cannot mitigate the risk entirely. Therefore, untimely downtime is inevitable and the ultimate loss of revenue and risk to reputation a real possibility. This is especially problematic when the asset is in a remote location and critical to the organisations operation.
Through the use of IoT and wireless sensors, assets can be maintained more effectively and preventative planned action taken prior to failure. This is Predictive Maintenance and there are many other benefits over traditional maintenance.
Our IoT solution works by using wireless sensors and a privately connected GSM gateway that can be deployed into the harshest of terrains, thus providing connectivity in disparate locations.
- A Motor Pump comprises of 3 critical components: Motor, Gearbox and Pump
- Each component exhibits different vibration patterns depending on the possible fault
- Strategically placed wireless vibration sensors measure the velocity and direction of vibration
- If measurements exceed a certain amplitude an alarm is sent so technicians who can remotely review frequency peaks
- This can be matched against known fault frequencies and preventative action can then be taken prior to the failure occurring.